When people live with multiple chronic diseases: a collaborative approach to an emerging global challenge
This is a live interactive document that seeks to facilitate a global collaborative effort to distill the best available knowledge on how to meet the challenges faced by people living with multiple chronic diseases.
Please make as many contributions as you consider appropriate by clicking on the comments bubble that appears at the top right corner of each section.
Responsibility for the content rests with the contributors and does not necessarily represent the views of Junta de Andalucia or any other organization participating in this effort. Those individuals who make substantive additions will be invited to join the book as named contributors.
- Why Multiple Chronic Diseases? Why now? What is going on around the world?
- The language of polypathology
- Prevention and health promotion
- Management models
- Patient education and self-management
- Primary care, institutional services and integrated management processes
- Supportive care and palliative care
- Integrative medicine
- Socioeconomic implications
- The promise of Genomics, Robotics, Informatics/eHealth and Nanotechnologies
- Dealing with challenges of polypathology, together: What´s next
To access the full version of the book, please click here.
Reference: Jadad AR, Cabrera A, Martos F, Smith R, Lyons RF. When people live with multiple chronic diseases: a collaborative approach to an emerging global challenge. Granada: Andalusian School of Public Health; 2010. Available at: http://www.opimec.org/equipos/when-people-live-with-multiple-chronic-diseases